College and department-specific scholarships are awarded by Mississippi State’s eight academic colleges and over 80+ departments. Criteria vary and may include, but may not be limited to, academic major, residency, academic achievement, and financial need.
Incoming freshmen should complete the general scholarship application and any supplemental applications by December 1, 2020 for maximum consideration. Continuing students and incoming transfer students should complete the general scholarship application and any supplemental applications by March 1, 2021. College and department-specific scholarships will be issued by April 15, 2021.
Students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, available October 1, 2020, online at fafsa.ed.gov. Submission of the FAFSA is required for students to be considered for need-based awards.
The documents below are designed to serve as guides for internal scholarship administrators to perform basic scholarship administration tasks within the scholarship management platform. In addition, the task force resource guide provides information for individuals to contact regarding specific questions. For additional information, please contact the scholarship administrator associated with your academic college.
- AcademicWorks Reviewer Guide (PDF)
- AcademicWorks 1920 Sample Communications
- Communicating to Applicants about an Award Offer
- Downloading a Report of All Offered and Accepted Awards
- Offering Awards to Applicants
- Processing Renewal Applications (PDF)
- Rescinding Awards
- Scholarship Application
- Setting Up and Monitoring the Post-Acceptance Process
- Setting Up Reviewer Groups